Project Management Professional (PMP)® at a glance
Your customers or partners rightly demand objective and recognised proof of the competence of the responsible project managers. Projects are often associated with high investment costs and are therefore of strategic importance.
The PMP® certification is suitable for all project managers and project staff – not only for project managers. They only have to prove a certain experience in projects.
AS PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT EMPLOYEE
- improve your personal chances on the job market
- confirm your competence and experience as a project manager with an internationally recognized title
- use the further training in all project-relevant topics
- Coordinate better with other project managers and customers
AS A COMPANY
- represents a guaranteed quality standard
- enables uniform approaches and a common understanding of the project
- increase your project efficiency and marketing benefits
- secure lucrative orders and competitive advantages through verifiable competencies
Please check that you meet all requirements and that you are eligible to participate in the PMP® exam.
The information page of the PMI® can help you to do this. Of course, you can also contact us if you have any questions about the requirements for PMP® certification.
4. TEST APPROVAL
After successful registration and complete submission of all documents (certificates, project references and training certificates), you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) from PMI®.
The admission to the examination will be sent to you by post or e-mail and is valid for 12 months from this date.
If you pass the exam, you will receive your certificate by post.
Other important information:
You must have at least one documented expertise within each of the project management domains (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing).
You can only list project experiences that date back a maximum of eight years.
You can save approximately $30 if you become a PMI® member before paying the PMP® exam fees. For more benefits of PMI® membership, visit the PMI.org information page.
Before your exam, you should check the final location if it has changed in the meantime.
Often the Friday and Saturday dates of the exam are quickly booked. If you would like to take the test on a Friday or Saturday, it is advisable to book at least two to three weeks in advance.